Frequently Asked Questions
Q: I only need one figure out of a pack. Will you sell me just the one figure?
Unfortunately we can't sell our figures in this manner. The way the process works is that each bag's contents are contained in 1 mold, so when a figure is cast, it's all the figures in a set and not just the individual figure. As soon as they are ready to come out of the mold, they are placed immediately in packs and sent to either the customer or the retailer. We don't have a bin of left over figures, otherwise we'd be able to help you with the one figure.
Q: I need a weapon (Pike or Spear) for my figures, how do I make them?
Glad you asked. We do sell Weapon Packs that you can purchase. However, there are several methods available for creating your own weapons. A few that we've heard of are:
- take broom bristles and cut them to the desired length. You can then flatten out one end with a hammer or even pliers (to make the point). Use PVA to build up a ferrule for the head. These will look good, they really don't cost anything (especially if you have a broom), and aren't prone to breakage.
- use brass or floral wire (of appropriate thickness). Cut it to the desired length, use a hammer to flatten one end and then file it to a point (not too sharp!!)
- use piano wire or copper wire - though both of these are rather hard to work with and can be quite painful if you accidentally poke yourself with them. Basically the same instructions as for the brass or floral wire.
These instructions were gleaned from several postings on the now defunct newsgroup: news:rec.games.miniatures.historical
Q: I'd prefer to pay by check and/or I am not comfortable with providing my credit card info online. How can I send payment or make an order?
Paying by Check:
Make your selections and add the items you want to your "shopping cart". What you do is select the method of payment as Mail in Payment . This assigns you an order number and notifies us that you have placed an order and to wait for payment - it also computes the cost of shipping. You then print out your confirmation page and mail your order to us with a check or money order included to the address below:
P.O. Box 107
Bethlehem, Georgia 30620-0107
Paying with Credit Card:
Make your selections and add the items you want to your "shopping cart". What you do is select the method of payment as Mail in Payment . This assigns you an order number and notifies us that you have placed an order and to wait for payment - it also computes the cost of shipping. Write your credit card information on the order page that you've printed out:: Number, Expiration Date, CVV Code (the 3 or 4 digit code on the back of the card) . Please sign your name on the order sheet and then FAX your order to us at: 770-207-0126 or mail your payment to us:
P.O. Box 107
Bethlehem, Georgia 30620-0107
The shipping rate in the United States is currently $10.00 and may change based on USPS shipping rates.
If you are ordering from a foreign country (not USA), then you are charged a flat rate of $95.00. This may change based on USPS shipping rates. If your order is less than this amount, we will issue you a refund. However, if your order is big/heavy, there may be an additional charge to ship to you and we will verify with you as to whether you wish to go forward with the order or to have us cancel the order and issue a full refund to you.
Old Glory Miniatures is not responsible for any additional charges/fees that your country adds to your delivery.
If you are outside of the USA and wish to order from us, the following policies will apply:
- All international orders are payable in U.S. dollars via credit card
- Customer will be responsible for any duty and/or tax charges
- If an order contains items that are temporarily out of stock, the entire shipment will be held until it can ship with all ordered items to reduce shipping charges (which may be a substantial amount.)
- Your account will be adjusted to reflect the actual shipping charge.
If you are not satisfied with your purchase and wish to make a return, you will need to email to acquire a Return of Merchandise Authorization (RMA). Merchandise returned without an RMA will be returned to the sender.
We are happy to issue a Gift Certificate for future purchases on our site or credit the purchaser's credit card for the merchandise returned within 30 days of the customer's receipt of the merchandise. We are not able to accept return requests after 30 days.
Should you receive an item
from us that is defective, i.e., missing a part, please send an email
detailing the problem (i.e., what you ordered, what is missing, your name/address,
etc.) and we will arrange to ship the missing part to you. Returns
based on anything other than defective merchandise will be subject to
the original shipping and handling costs plus a 15% re-stocking fee.
State Sales tax will be charged on all orders delivered within the State of Georgia, USA. There is no sales tax on orders delivered outside the State of Georgia.